As Telefon Tel Aviv , Joshua Eustis and his partner, the late Charlie Cooper, have made some of our all-time favorite music, from the glitchy perfection of Telefon’s Farenheit Fair Enough up through this year’s shoegazey, new-wavey Immolate Yourself. Josh did a fine job of tearing it up at our Detroit 10-year party last May, and he’s currently in the process of making us a podcast for next month. We asked Mr. Eustis Five Questions, and here’s what he said…
1. Why should people listen to your music?
Yikes. Maybe they shouldn’t. Well, at least I’m honest.
2. What’s your “turning-point” record?
3. What song should play every time you enter a room?
Actually, I wish there was a Tanpura drone playing around me all the time.
4. Tell us about the project you’re working on at this exact moment.
5. How about a piece of sage advice for the younger generation?
When rolling a mage PvP and a rogue saps you, wait until stun dissipates (he can’t kill you quickly enough), then frost nova, blink, spam AB+AB+AB+Barrage rotation, substituting barrage for missiles if missile barrage procs; epic win.