We’re starting a new feature over here at the Ghostly news feed: Five Questions. Every once in a while, we’ll be cornering one of our favorite artists (Ghostly-affiliated or otherwise) and asking them five particularly probing queries. As a little champagne-on-the-ship’s-prow, we’re kicking things off with Matthew Dear, aka Audion, aka Jabberjaw.
Dear’s currently on tour under his Audion guise, playing a new live audio/visual set called Hecatomb. He’s been slowly releasing new material, too, a single or two at a time—including the forthcoming It’s Full of Blinding Light EP—and should have a remix for Juan Maclean in the hopper very soon. Now, without further ado, Five Questions with Matthew Dear.
1. Why should people listen to your music?
Because I listen to theirs.
2. What’s your “turning-point” record?
My Bloody Valentine’s Loveless.
3. What song should play every time you enter a room?
Hurricane by Bob Dylan
4. Tell us about the project that you’re working on at this exact moment.
I’m touring as Audion Live with a special visual show. It’s called Hecatomb.
5. How about a piece of sage advice for the younger generation?
You can do everything as many times as you like.